- Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering
PhD (2000), Mie University, Japan
Master of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) ( 1997)
Mie University, Japan
Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering) (1993)
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Advanced Machine Tools (Masters program)
- Advanced topics for Manufacturing (Masters program)
- Designing for Production (Masters program)
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials (Masters program)
- Design and Manufacturing of Materials (Masters program)
- Operations Research (Masters program)
- Tool Engineering (Undergraduate program)
- Machine Tools – Theory & sessional (Undergraduate program)
- A.K.M. Masud, S. C. Chowdhury, Abdullah-Al-Khaled and S. Jannat, Study of the Effective Young's Modulus of Carbon Nanotube-Based Polymer Composites Using Finite Element Method, International Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology (IJMS&T) , Serials Publications, 2009, Accepted .
- A. A. Khaled, A. K. M. Masud, S.C. Chowdhury S. Jannat and M. Obayedullah, Effect of Fiber Diameter Waviness and Wavelength Ratio on the Effective Tensile Elastic Modulus of Carbon Nanotube-based Polymer Composites, Advanced Materials Research (AMR) , trans tech publications inc., 2009, Accepted.
- Farhana Abedin, A. K. M. Masud, Abdullah Al Khaled and Md. Rajib Anwar, Study of the effect on tensile elastic modulus of carbon nanotube-based polymer composite due to changes in carbon nanotube diameter and interphase thickness using finite element method, International Journal of Materials Sciences and Engineering (IJMSE) , 2009, in press.
- A. K. M. Masud, Md. Kamal Miah, Abdullah-Al-Khaled and Farhana Abedin Effect of Orientation of Glass Fiber Mat-Epoxy Composite on Mechanical Properties, Journal of Manufacturing Engineering , Vol.4, Issue.1, 2009 (in press) .
- A. K. M. Masud, Md. Khan Habibur Rahman and Md. Kamal Miah, Performance of Modified Uncoated Tungsten Carbide Insert, Journal of Engineering and Applied Science (JEAS) Vol. 27 No. 2, 2009 (in press) .
- A.K.M. Masud, Nabila Tahreen and Farhana Abedin, Effects of Interphase and Matrix Properties on the Effective Tensile Elastic Modulus of Carbon Nanotube-Based Composite, Journal of Mechanical Engineering , Vol. ME 40, No. 1, pp. 29-38, 2009, Accepted .
- A. K. M. Masud, A. K. M. Kais Bin Zaman and Abdullah-Al-Khaled, Effect of Environment on Fracture Toughness of Glass Fiber/Polyester Composite, Journal of Mechanical Engineering , Vol. ME 38, pp. 38-44, December 2007.
- A. K. M. Masud, Abdullah-Al-Khaled, Farhana Abedin, A.F.M. Nasir Uddin and M. Sayeed Alam, Quality Control by Information Technology in RMG industry in Bangladesh, International Journal of Quality & Innovation (IJQI) , InderScience Publisher, 2009, (in press) .
- A. K. M. Masud, Abdullah-Al-Khaled, Seratun Jannat, A. K. M. Sajedul Arefin Khan and Kingshuk Jubaer Islam, Total Productive Maintenance in RMG Sector, A Case: Burlingtons Limited, Bangladesh, Journal of the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, Multidisciplinary , Vol. Mul-dis. 32, No. 1, pp. 11-18, December 2007.
Refereed International Conferences Proceedings :
- A. A. Khaled, A. K. M. Masud, S.C. Chowdhury S. Jannat and M. Obayedullah, Effect of Fiber Diameter Waviness and Wavelength Ratio on the Effective Tensile Elastic Modulus of Carbon Nanotube-based Polymer Composites, The International Conference on Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies (AMPT 2008), Book of Abstracts, pp. 57-58, November 2008.
- A. K. M. Masud, S. C. Chowdhury and Abdullah-Al-Khaled, Investigation of Fiber Diameter and Interphase Effects on the Tensile Elastic Modulus of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Composite, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mechanical Engineering (ICME2007), pp. AM-75, December 2007.
As a member of the Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation (BRTC) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), engaged in carrying out different types of manufacturing of different products, parts, components, management studies and trainings etc. Participated actively in providing consultation and advisory services related to industrial and production engineering projects since 2000. A brief summary of involvement in some important projects is given below.
- Worked as Project Manager of an European Commission funded one-year long project “ Technical and Entrepreneurship Training (TEDT) ” in 2006-2007.
- Working as one of the member of consultant as well as a team leader for investigation of causes of failure of gear of Epicyclic Gear Box of turbine of Kushtia Sugar Mills Limited, Kushtia under Sugar and Food Industry Corporation (in 2004).
- Worked as a team leader for manufacturing (casting, machining and gear cutting) warm wheel liner of cane carrier driving wheel gearbox, Thakurgaon Sugar Mills Limited, Thargaon, under Sugar and Food Industry Corporation (in 2004).
- Worked as one of the member of team to study on the potential for reengineering and need assessment for garments manufacturing in Bangladesh supported by Southasia Enterprise Development Facility (SEDF), a concern of International Finance Corporation (IFC) (in 2004).
- Worked as a team member for manufacturing of mother mould of CT-5 of 8 cavity of Khadim Ceramics Limited, Mirpur, Dhaka (in 2003)
- Worked as one of the member of consultant for installation and performance evaluation of Bikrampur Potato Flakes Industries Limited, Munshigong (in 2003)
- Worked as a team leader for weather protection test (IP-54 test) on a 400V (LT) metering panel for Electric Meter Enclosure Box, Ideal Enterprise, Dhaka (in 2003 & 2002)
- Worked as one of the member of team to design the following pilot plants and studies their techno-economic feasibility at Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Bangladesh (in 2003)
- Production of Wheat Flake.
- Production of Turkey Red Oil.
- Production of High Temperature Insulating Brick from Rice Husk Ash.
- Production of Plastic Eraser
- Worked as a team member for manufacturing of different parts of Tissue Splitting Machine of Kumudini Hospital, Tangail, (in 2003)
- Worked as a team member for manufacturing and force fitting of bushes to 16 piston and grinding finish of the bore and side collars of pressure roller of rotary dry machine of Mirpur Ceramics Limited, Mirpur, Dhaka (in 2002)