- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Operations Management
- Operations Research and Decision Analysis
- Supply Chain Management
Dr. Syed Mithun Ali received his Ph.D. majoring in supply chain risk management from Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan in 2016. He received both his B.Sc. and M.Sc. Engineering in Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) with honors in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
His research interests lie in supply chain management and supply chain risk management and tying that to supply chain sustainability.
To optimize a supply chain and to achieve sustainable supply chain objectives, Dr. Ali`s research attempts include the application of artificial intelligence/expert systems, operational research tools and techniques, system dynamics, structural and interpretive structural equation modeling tools and techniques, as well as several multi-criteria decision-making approach to supply chain/supply chain risk planning and decision making.
- Supply Chain Management
- Probability and Statistics
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Industrial Management
International Referred Journal
Referred Conference Proceedings
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K., Coordinating a supply chain system for production, pricing, and service strategies with disruptions. International Journal of Advanced Operations Management. Accepted manuscript.2016.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K. A., Mathematical optimization approach to supply chain disruptions management considering disruptions to suppliers and distribution centers. Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 8(2), 57–66, 2015.
- Nakade, K., Ito, A., & Ali, S.M., U-shaped assembly line balancing with temporary workers, International Journal of Industrial Engineering, Theory, Applications and Practice, 21(6), 134-146, 2015.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K., Scenario-based supply chain disruptions management framework-a quantitative approach. Innovation and Supply Chain Management, 8(3), 81–91, 2014.
- Ali, S., Alam, M & Bhowmick, S., Organizational design in the context of supply chain sustainability: A conceptual model. Management Science Letters, 2(4), 1141-1154, 2012.
- Mamun, A.A., Khaled, A.A., Ali, S.M., & Chowdhury, M.M., A Heuristic approach for balancing mixed-model assembly line of Type-I using Genetic Algorithm, International Journal of Production Research、50(18), 2012.
- Parvez, M.S., Allama, M.M., Ali, S.M., & Azeem,A., An analytical hierarchical process for prioritizing the safety management elements for a manufacturing organization in Bangladesh. International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process, 4(2), 104-117, 2012.
- Ali, S.M., Dhar, N.R., & Dey, S.K., Effect of Minimum Quantity Lubrication (MQL) on cutting performance in turning medium carbon steel by uncoated carbide insert at different speed-feed combinations,Advances in Production and Management, 6(3). 185-196, 2011.
- Bhattacharjee, B., Azeem, A., Ali, S.M., & Paul, S.K., Development of a CNC interpolation Scheme for CNC controller based on Runge-Kutta method, International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology , 4 (5) 445 – 464, 2012.
- Ali, S.M., Paul, S.K., A. Kamrul, & Azeem, A., Forecasting of optimum raw material inventory level using an artificial neural network, International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management, 17(4), 333-348, 2011.
- Farhana, Z., Ali, S.M., & Rahman, M.M., Investigation on workplace environment and Safety- a case study in Rahimafrooz Batteries Ltd, International Journal of Quality and Innovation, 1(4), 338-347, 2011.
- Ali, S.M., Dhar, N.R., Tool wear and surface roughness prediction under MQL condition-a neural approach, Canadian Journal on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition, 1 (2), 7-25, 2010.
- Ahmed, T., Ali, S.M., Allama, M.M., & Parvez, M.S., A Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) approach to improve production efficiency and development of loss structure in a Pharmaceutical Industry, Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 10 (2), 186-190, 2010.
- Ali, S. M., Sarwar, M.A., & Sultana, A., Finding characteristics of Process Capability Index, Cpk with different distributions and sample sizes, Journal of Quality and Technology Management, IV (2), 5-11, 2008.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K. Price and service competition of a supply chain system under real-time demand disruptions. Proceedings of International Symposium 2015 on Scheduling, Japan, 99-104.
- Masud, A.A., Ali, S.M., & Dhar, N.R., Modeling of chip-tool interface temperature in machining steel- an Artificial Intelligence (AI) approach, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and operations Management –IEOM, 2011, 638-643.
- Ali, S.M., & Dhar, N.R., Tool wear and surface roughness prediction using an artificial neural network in turning steel under minimum quantity lubrication, International Conference on Industrial Engineering-ICIE-2010, WASET Conference Proceedings 2010, 62(4), 607-616.
- Mamun, Ali, S.M., A.A., & Dhar, N.R., Tool wear prediction in turning steel under minimum quantityl lubrication using response surface methodology and adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system, published in the 3rd International Conference on Structure, Processing and Properties of Materials-SPPM, 2010.
For reading/downloading papers, please visit the following websites-