- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Operations Management
- Operations Research and Decision Analysis
- Supply Chain Management
Dr. Syed Mithun Ali received his Ph.D. majoring in supply chain risk management from Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan in 2016. He received both his B.Sc. and M.Sc. Engineering in Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) with honors in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
His research interests lie in supply chain management and supply chain risk management and tying that to supply chain sustainability.
To optimize a supply chain and to achieve sustainable supply chain objectives, Dr. Ali`s research attempts include the application of artificial intelligence/expert systems, operational research tools and techniques, system dynamics, structural and interpretive structural equation modeling tools and techniques, as well as several multi-criteria decision-making approach to supply chain/supply chain risk planning and decision making.
- Supply Chain Management
- Probability and Statistics
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Industrial Management
International Referred Journal:
Referred Conference Proceedings:
- Rahman, M. H., Tumpa, T. J., Ali, S. M., & Paul, S. K., “A grey approach to predicting healthcare performance”, Measurement, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2018.10.055.
- Moktadir, A., Rahman, T., Jabbour, C. J. C., Ali, S. M., & Kabir, G., “Prioritization of drivers of corporate social responsibility in the footwear industry in an emerging economy: A fuzzy AHP approach”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 201, No. (November 2018), Pp. 369-381, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.07.326
- Mazumder, S., Kabir, G., Hasin, M., & Ali, S.M., “Productivity benchmarking using analytic network process (ANP) and data envelopment analysis (DEA)”, Big Data and Cognitive Computing, Vol. 2, No.3, 27, 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/bdcc2030027.
- Moktadir, M. A., Ali, S. M., Kusi-sarpong, S., Shaikh, A.A., “Assessing challenges for implementing Industry 4.0: Implications for process safety and environmental protection”, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Vol. 117, No. (July 2018), Pp. 730-741, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2018.04.020.
- Moktadir, M. A., Ali, S. M., Mangla, S.K., Sharmy, T.A., Luthra, S., Mishra, N., Garza-Reyes, J.A., “Decision modeling of risks in pharmaceutical supply chains”, Industrial Management and Data Systems, Vol. 118, No. 7, Pp. 1388-1412, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1108/IMDS-10-2017-0465
- Rahman, M. H., Rifat, M., Azeem, A., & Ali, S. M., “A quantitative model for disruptions mitigation in a supply chain considering random capacities and disruptions at supplier and retailer”, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Vol. 13, No. 4, Pp. 265-273, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1080/17509653.2018.1436009.
- Moktadir, M. A., Ali, S. M., Paul, S. K., & Shukla, N., “Barriers to big data analytics in manufacturing supply chains: A case study from Bangladesh”, Computers & Industrial Engineering (In press), 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2018.04.013.
- Ali, S. M., Arafin, A., Moktadir, M. A., Rahman, T., & Zahan, N., “Barriers to reverse logistics in the computer supply chain using interpretive structural model”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 19, No.1, Pp.53-68, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s4017101701762.
- Moktadir, M. A., Ali, S. M., Rajesh, R., & Paul, S. K., “Modeling the interrelationships among barriers to sustainable supply chain management in leather industry”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 181, No. (April 2018), Pp. 631-651, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.01.245.
- Moktadir, M. A., Rahman, T., Rahman, M. H., Ali, S. M., & Paul, S. K., “Drivers to sustainable manufacturing practices and circular economy: A perspective of leather industries in Bangladesh”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.174, No. (February, 2018), Pp. 1366-1380, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.11.063.
- Ali, S. M., Rahman, M. H., Tumpa, T. J., Rifat, A. A. M., & Paul, S. K., “Examining price and service competition among retailers in a supply chain under potential demand disruption”, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 40, No. (January, 2018), Pp. 40-47, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2017.08.025.
- Ahmad, N., Hossen, J., & Ali, S. M., “Improvement of overall equipment efficiency of ring frame through total productive maintenance: a textile case”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 94, No. (1-4), Pp. 239-256, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-017-0783-2.
- Hossen, J., Ahmad, N., & Ali, S. M., “An application of Pareto analysis and cause-and-effect diagram (CED) to examine stoppage losses: a textile case from Bangladesh”, The Journal of The Textile Institute, Vol. 108, No.11, Pp. 2013-2020, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405000.2017.1308786.
- Ali, S.M. & Nakade, K. “Optimal ordering policies in a multi-sourcing supply chain with supply and demand disruptions-a CVaR approach”, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, Vol. 28. No. 2, Pp. 180-199. http://doi.org/1504/IJLSM.2017.10007119.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K., “Coordinating a supply chain system for production, pricing, and service strategies with disruptions”, International Journal of Advanced Operations Management, Vol. 8, No. 1, Pp. 17-37, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJAOM.2016.076206.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K. A., “A mathematical optimization approach to supply chain disruptions management considering disruptions to suppliers and distribution centers”, Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. 8, No.2, Pp. 57–66, 2015. http://org/10.31387/oscm0200145.
- Nakade, K., Ito, A., & Ali, S.M., “U-shaped assembly line balancing with temporary workers”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering, Theory, Applications and Practice, 21, No.6, Pp. 134-146, 2015. http://journals.sfu.ca/ijietap/index.php/ijie/article/view/1211.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K., “Scenario-based supply chain disruptions management framework-a quantitative approach”, Innovation and Supply Chain Management, Vol. 8, No. 3, Pp. 81–91, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14327/iscm.8.81.
- Ali, S., Alam, M.I., & Bhowmick, S., “Organizational design in the context of supply chain sustainability: A conceptual model”, Management Science Letters, Vol.2, No.4, Pp. 1141-1154, 2012. http://doi.org/ 10.5267/j.msl.2012.03.006.
- Allama, M.M., Parvez, M.S., Ali, S.M., & Azeem, A., " An analytical hierarchy process for prioritizing the safety management elements for a manufacturing organization in Bangladesh", International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 105-117, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13033/ijahp.v4i2.78.
- Mamun, A.A., Khaled, A.A., Ali, S.M., & Chowdhury, M.M., “A Heuristic approach for balancing mixed-model assembly line of Type-I using Genetic Algorithm”, International Journal of Production Research、 50, No. 18, Pp. 5106-5116, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2011.643830.
- Bhattacharjee, B., Azeem, A., Ali, S.M., & Paul, S.K., “Development of a CNC interpolation Scheme for CNC controller based on Runge-Kutta method”, International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No., 5, Pp. 445 – 464, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCAET.2012.048841.
- Ali, S.M., Dhar, N.R., & Dey, S.K., “Effect of Minimum Quantity Lubrication (MQL) on cutting performance in turning medium carbon steel by uncoated carbide insert at different speed-feed combinations”, Advances in Production and Management, Vol. 6, No.3. Pp. 185-196, 2011. http://apem-journal.org/Archives/2011/APEM6-3_185-196.pdf.
- Ali, S.M., Paul, S.K., A. Kamrul, & Azeem, A., “Forecasting of optimum raw material inventory level using an artificial neural network”, International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management, vol.17, no.4, pp. 333-348, 2011. http://www.ijoqm.org/abstracts/17-4-4-a.pdf.
- Farhana, Z., Ali, S.M., & Rahman, M.M., “Investigation on workplace environment and Safety- a case study in Rahimafrooz Batteries Ltd.”, International Journal of Quality and Innovation, vol. 1, no.4, pp. 338-347, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJQI.2011.043490.
- Ahmed, T., Ali, S.M., Allama, M.M., & Parvez, M.S., “A total productive maintenance (TPM) approach to improve production efficiency and development of loss structure in a pharmaceutical industry”, Global Journal of Management and Business Research, Vol. 10, No. 2, Pp.186-190, 2010.
- Ali, S. M., Sarwar, M.A., & Sultana, A., “Finding characteristics of Process Capability Index, Cpk with different distributions and sample sizes”, Journal of Quality and Technology Management, Vol. IV, No. 2, Pp. 5-11, 2008.
- Moktadir, M.A., Rahman, T., & Ali, S.M., “Examining Critical Success Factors to Humanitarian Supply Chain of Bangladesh: An Interpretive Structural Modeling (ISM) Approach”, Presented in the International Conference on Mechanical Industrial and Materials Engineering (ICMIME), Rajshahi, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Moktadir, M.A., Rahman, T., & Ali, M., “Critical Success Factors in Implementing Green Supply Chain Management Practices in Footwear Industry in Bangladesh – An Interpretive Structural Modeling Approach”, Presented in The 1st International Conference on Business and Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Pp. 447-452, 2017.
- Rahman, M.H., Tumpa, T.J., & Ali, S.M., “Predicting rainfall time series for disaster risk mitigation in Bangladesh using grey theory”, International Conference on Disaster Risk Mitigation, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Ali, S.M., & Nakade, K., "Price and service competition of a supply chain system under real-time demand disruptions", Proceedings of International Symposium 2015 on Scheduling, Japan, Pp. 99-104.
- Masud, A.A., Ali, S.M., & Dhar, N.R., "Modeling of chip-tool interface temperature in machining steel- an Artificial Intelligence (AI) approach", International Conference on Industrial Engineering and operations Management –IEOM, Malaysia , Pp. 638-643,
- Ali, S.M., & Dhar, N.R., Tool wear and surface roughness prediction using an artificial neural network in turning steel under minimum quantity lubrication, International Conference on Industrial Engineering-ICIE-2010, WASET Conference Proceedings, Malaysia, 62, No. 4, Pp. 607-616, 2010.
- Mamun, A.A., Ali, S.M & Dhar, N.R., "Tool wear prediction in turning steel under minimum quantityl lubrication using response surface methodology and adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system", The 3rd International Conference on Structure, Processing and Properties of Materials-SPPM, Dhaka 2010.
- Ali, S.M., Kabir, G; Ali, A; Shake, M.A.; Moktadir, M.A., “Transportation Mode Selection Framework for Apparel Industries: A Fuzzy AHP Approach”, In ‘Selected Studies on Economics and Finance’, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, England, 2018. ISBN-13:978-1-5275-1143-9.
For reading/downloading papers, please visit the following websites-