Ph. D. in IPE/AEM
For admission to the courses leading to a Ph. D. in IPE or AEM an applicant –
- must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 or a first division or equivalent in any one of S. S. C and H. S. C or in equivalent examinations and must not have a GPA less than 2.00 out of 5.00 or a third division or equivalent in any of the aforementioned examinations.
- must have at least 50% marks or a minimum GPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 or its equivalent in B.Sc. Engg. or B.Sc. or M. Sc. or M. S. or MSS degree in the relevant branch
- must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 or its equivalent in M.Sc. Engg./ M.Engg./ M.Sc. (Thesis) / M.S. (Thesis) degree in the relevant branch.
- must have an M.Sc. Engg. /M. Engg. in IPE/AEM or its equivalent from a recognized Institution or MBA degree or its equivalent from a public university for admission in Advanced Engineering Management (AEM).
(a) Applications for admission shall be invited through regular means of advertisement and shall be received by the Registrar.
(b) How to apply:
- Step-1: Submission of Online Application
The first step is to submit an online application from BUET website. The applicant has to fill up necessary information in the form (Except name in Bangla and Signature). An important fact is that the applicant needs to select a photo of him/her while submitting in online but while generating the automated PDF, it won’t show the picture. So, the applicant has to attach both the softcopies and hard copies. After all this is done the applicant has to submit it electronically.
In case of a successful submission, an application serial number will be generated and this needs to be taken with care for future use.
- Step-2: Printing the Application Form and Stapling Photographs
After submitting the online form, the applicant needs to download it (PDF form) and take out a printed copy and then pitch in the information that was left. Two attested copies of recent passport-size color photographs should be stapled at the appropriate place provided in the form. The name of the applicant must be written on the reverse side of each photograph. If the applicant has completed and submitted the online Application Form but have not downloaded the PDF file for printing it, he/she can download the PDF file later by entering the Serial No. of Application Form and their Date of Birth through the website of BUET.
- Step-3: Attaching All Supporting Documents
Attested and legitimate copies of all certificates, transcripts/grade-sheet/mark-sheet and testimonials need to be submitted. This is non-returnable, so original copies should not be submitted.
- Step-4: Payment of Application Fee
Non-refundable application fee of Tk. 500/- (Five Hundred) must be paid in cash as application fee at the time of the submission of complete application to Registrar’s Office, BUET. Please DO NOT send cash payment by post. The University will not be responsible for any loss of cash payment submitted by post.
- Step-5: Submission of the Complete Application
A complete application includes the printed copy of the completed online Application Form as described in Step 2 attached with all necessary supporting documents as described in Step-3.
For detailed information, follow this link:
(c) A list of eligible candidates will be published by the department after a few days of submission. The eligible candidates will be required to appear at a written test and an oral test by a Selection Committee as constituted by the BPGS committee. Every selected candidate, unless he/she has already been registered, shall get himself/herself registered with the University.
(d) After admission each student shall be assigned an Adviser by the relevant BPGS. The student is expected to consult his/her Adviser on all academic matters.